I have a few questions about numerical lua.

1)  I am on a 32 bit x86 windows box and I'd like to link in tuned version
of BLAS such as atlas.
It's not clear how to do this with the current source.  What would be nice
is to simply have a separate .dll containing the standard BLAS and perhaps
LAPACK libraries that could be swapped out.  Is there any chance
luamatrix.dll does this?  I notice that you have Fortran source which
probably means you are not using the standard cblas wrappers for blas. In
fact I did a dumpbin on luamatrix.dll and confirmed this.  Apparently
luamatrix.dll includes additional routines other than the standard blas,
which means swapping out  different blas libraries is not possible in the
current setup.

2)  Is there a convenient C or maybe C++ API for the library?  The thought
here is to facilitate the ability to extend the library in a straightforward
manner, perhaps with the help of tolua or SWIG.  Normally anything that
needs to iterate over individual matrix elements should probably be written
in C and then the interface extended to LUA.  The high level logic, gui's
etc. could then remain in LUA.

I would dearly like to see a standard numerical library like this for LUA
and it looks like you have a pretty good start here just playing around with
it.  I actually implemented an interface like this between LUA blas and
additional user defined libraries for a client, but alas can not release it
since it's proprietary.
Sent from the Lua - General forum at Nabble.com.