Robert Osfield wrote:
Like many others I'm looking to integrating C++ and Lua, and would
love a clean, cross platform route for doing it.   As Oliver's intro
to this thread mentions there are number of alternatives, they all go
some of the way, but all fall short in various aspects.  From my own
experiences just getting them to compile was hassle enough.

Hi Robert, it would sure be helpful to get a quick list of those shortcomings, from *your* point of view.
So I was wondering Oliver how you had got on since the beginning of the month?

I'm still in the early stages: I'm gathering data (slowly - basically seeing what's the best of each of the packages I mentioned in my first email), I'm weighing different alternative idioms for expressing argument passing/return values/access/creation/extension, and I have a simple lua interpreter wrapper. Unfortunately not much you could use right now. But I welcome any and all participants. The developer of CppLua has expressed interest but nothing has come of that yet. I'd like to hear what you find about Fusion.

Cheers,
Oliver