Robert Osfield wrote:
Hi Oliver et al,

I've just joined the lua mailing list, but looking at the achive of
the list found this thread (request for interest/participants: another
lua C++ binding) particularily relevant to my own needs, so I would
like to revive it.

Like many others I'm looking to integrating C++ and Lua, and would
love a clean, cross platform route for doing it.   As Oliver's intro
to this thread mentions there are number of alternatives, they all go
some of the way, but all fall short in various aspects.  From my own
experiences just getting them to compile was hassle enough.

So I was wondering Oliver how you had got on since the beginning of the month?

This afternoon I've been looking at Fusion, and infact my subversion
checkout of emma3d has been ongoing practically all afternoon...  At
least fusion is already checked out enough for me to have a look. I've built a unix makefile and have proceeded to try and get it to
compile under Linux (Suse 10.0, 64bit), and it kinda feels like I'm
the first person to try and compile under Linux cause there is lots of
non portable code still left to work around.  Still its not so much
code that it shouldn't be too difficult to get working, but perhaps
not this afternoon.

Yes, unfortunately we never did get to the Linux build. The company that was funding us has cancelled the project, so work on Fusion is likely to slow down. But I am going to work for Apple, which means I will be getting a new Intel based Mac, which mean I will be able to boot MacOS and WinXP and Linux on the box. So I will be able to get it building on all three OS's one one box!

Stay tuned!

--
chris marrin              ,""$, "As a general rule,don't solve puzzles
chris@marrin.com        b`    $  that open portals to Hell" ,,.