In message <1144309597.4434c75d4577d@webmail.dnainternet.net> you wrote:

> Just use the "integer patch" from Wiki power patch pages.

I am afraid you have either misunderstood what I wrote or not read
it carefully. I already use integers for Lua_number. What I need is two
numeric types in Lua, one for 32-bit integers and one for
32-bit floating point numbers. At the moment the sources use
only one sort of numeric type. In lua.h for example we have

#define LUA_TNIL                0
#define LUA_TBOOLEAN            1
#define LUA_TLIGHTUSERDATA      2
#define LUA_TNUMBER             3
#define LUA_TSTRING             4
#define LUA_TTABLE              5
#define LUA_TFUNCTION           6
#define LUA_TUSERDATA           7
#define LUA_TTHREAD             8

Would it be safe to add a line

#define LUA_TFLOAT              9

for the extra type, for example? Or would this clash with

const char *const luaT_typenames[] = {
  "nil", "boolean", "userdata", "number",
  "string", "table", "function", "userdata", "thread",
  "proto", "upval"
};

in ltm.c, which suggests that codes 9 and 10 are already used?
Having two 32-bit numeric types would appear to require fairly
radical rewriting of the sources. And yet I do not think it an
unreasonable thing to want on an ARM machine.

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@wra1th.plus.com)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/