Gavin Wraith wrote:
In message <1144309597.4434c75d4577d@webmail.dnainternet.net> you wrote:
Just use the "integer patch" from Wiki power patch pages.

I am afraid you have either misunderstood what I wrote or not read
it carefully.

Unless I'm mistaken the integer patch makes numbers use an integer if they're an integer, or a real if they're not. There wouldn't be a need for a patch if it were merely replacing numbers with integers, since that's already a configuration option.

I don't see it as viable to patch in support for a new numeric type - neither the language nor the implementation is designed to support it. It would need a vast quantity of the code base to be overhauled.

--
Lisa