Hi all,

I have been using Lua 5.0 successfully for a few weeks now. I compiled 5.0 so that lua used the shared libraries liblua.so and liblualib.so. There was support in the make file to do this easily.

I have compiled and run lua 5.1 successfully but only as a staticly linked program. The 5.1 makefile does not seem to allow the making of .so's. (I must confess at this point that I only look at makefiles when I have to and therefore could have missed something)

I am assuming that there is no problem in building lua5.1 in 3 parts (lua, liblua.so and liblualib.so) and can just make my own makefile...?

tia

Bob