Chris Marrin wrote:

Lisa Parratt wrote:

On 4 Apr 2006, at 23:48, Chris Marrin wrote:

So I have a feeling that gamers that make such complaints are like audiophiles who claim to be able to tell the difference between a tube and FET amplifier (that should get all the audio geeks out of the woodwork).

Hmm - I thought the harmonic distribution was different between the two, which is what makes valves sound warmer than ICs?

The whole point of an FET output section (as opposed to a bipolar transistor output section) is to duplicate this different distribution. But there are audiophiles who will claim to be able to tell the difference!

Yep, one is more beautifull (and more expensive) than the other and can be placed in the living-room and considered as an oeuvre :-) Even if it doesn't work it will be very impressive! But I think we are far beyond the thread subject...
dh
begin:vcard
fn:David HERVIOU
n:HERVIOU;David
org;quoted-printable:Ecole Nationale d'Ing=C3=A9nieurs de Brest
adr;quoted-printable;dom:BP 38;;25, rue Claude Chappe;Plouzan=C3=A9;France;29280
email;internet:herviou@enib.fr
title;quoted-printable:Centre Europ=C3=A9en de R=C3=A9alit=C3=A9 Virtuelle
tel;work:+33 (0)2 98 05 89 45
tel;fax:+33 (0)2 98 05 89 79
note;quoted-printable:Doctorant En Informatique au laboratoire LISyC (Laboratoire d'Informatiqu=
	e des Syst=C3=A8mes Complexes) dans le cadre du projet AR=C3=A9Vi.
url:http://www.cerv.fr/~herviou
version:2.1
end:vcard