On 4 Apr 2006, at 23:48, Chris Marrin wrote:
So I have a feeling that gamers that make such complaints are like audiophiles who claim to be able to tell the difference between a tube and FET amplifier (that should get all the audio geeks out of the woodwork).

Hmm - I thought the harmonic distribution was different between the two, which is what makes valves sound warmer than ICs?

Not that I'm an audiophile - if I were, I could tell you *which* harmonics. My girlfriend does have an awesome speaker system, though :D

--
Lisa