Victor Boivie wrote:
I would find it very useful to have these scripts at my disposal, so
if it's not too much trouble packaging them, that'd great.

A problem might be that the comments in the code are in Portugese, but
I hope they are somewhat self-explaining. I still think it's a good
idea to make these scripts official and to include a link on the
website to them. Not only are they good for problem finding, but it
also improves Lua's credibility if there's a good suite of regression
tests available.

With some translation of the comments and an auto-testing framework, the test suite can be opened up for volunteers so that more manpower can be brought to bear, perhaps with CVS hosted on LuaForge. Some of us can split the work. Ideally of course, I would love to have a test suite in the Lua tarball, but I'm okay with any decision.

I'll see if I can contribute with some additional scripts as well.

I would be very interested in helping to create a serious test suite for Lua.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)