Hi List, (this is my first post so I thought it would be appropriate
to say 'hi' atleast once)

Something I would like to see is an extensive set of regression test
scripts that can be used for verifying that nothing is broken after
having changed something in the lua core. Are there any already, or is
this something that would have to be written from scratch? These could
be provided in the source distribution of Lua, or in a separate QA
package perhaps.

To answer your questions: I agree what you're suggesting, but I think
it would be good if there was a package of basic scripts that
beginners can examine to get a good understanding how Lua works. If
they are presented with a huge repository with scripts ranging from
small to extremely large (well, community scripts tend to get quite
extensive), then it's a lot more difficult to find small snippets that
show much considering their size - much like the scripts do today.

br,
Victor