From what I've researched so far, LuaBind and tolua++ seem to be the
two major players to me.

From recent discussions on the list it looks like you should add SWIG as a possible candidate as well.

But, most importantly, I think you should always consider the "roll-your-own" approach first. Designing a binding yourself gives you lots of opportunity to play to Lua's strengths and come up with primitives (on the Lua side) that are far more powerful/flexible/intuitive/easy-to-use/etc. than the original (library) API you start out with.

Over the last 3 years I've created more than half a dozen bindings by hand, and I'm pretty sure I vastly prefer them over anything that could have been generated automatically.

Anyways, just something for you to keep in mind [;-)].

Ashwin.
--
no signature is a signature.