Glenn Maynard wrote:

> I learned it from reading code, which I think is the most
> usual and effective way of learning a language

Ah, yes.  This was a method I failed to include in my list.

> though I'm not sure what ["accidental"] means

It means typing "for k, v in t do" when one meant to type
"for k, v in pairs(t) do" and finding out that it still
works (and never bothering to look it up in the manual).  It
could also mean saying to oneself "I wonder if I can iterate
over a table without passing it to a function first -- oh,
looks like I can".

--
Aaron