On 9/8/05, Javier Guerra <javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 08 September 2005 12:14 pm, William Trenker wrote:
> > Summation of my understanding of the defaults:
> >   - httpd request port: 80
> >   - GGI SERVER_PORT: running server's listening port
>
> well, that support Xavante's current implementation;

Oh, Oh.  I think I must have messed something up in my communication.
Here is what I understand the Xavante core's current default is:
  - httpd request port: running server's listening port

I'm suggesting that that default should be port 80 (or at least nil).

Putting it another way, I suggest that these lines in function
parse_url(req) in httpd.lua:
        req.parsed_url = url.parse (def_url)
        req.parsed_url.port = req.parsed_url.port or _serverport
should be changed
either 1) to:
        req.parsed_url = url.parse (def_url)
        -- 2nd line is removed
which Luaistically defaults the parsed_url.port as nil if there is no
explicit port in the request's URI.
or 2) to:
        req.parsed_url = url.parse (def_url)
        req.parsed_url.port = req.parsed_url.port or "80"
if you choose to default to the http://-scheme standard default.

> but i think it would be
> more Luaistic not to set any default in the core.  it should be done
> in CGILuaHandler.set_api()

That's fine -- I leave it to your better judgement.  The important
thing is that I can expect the core to at least return nil for the
request's parsed_url.port value if there is no explicit port in the
request's URI.  Is that your understanding?

Sorry if I've confused things and thanks for being patient.
Bill