On Wednesday 07 September 2005 7:54 pm, William Trenker wrote:
> I would like to suggest that the default port parsed from the incoming
>  http request should be '80' or nil, not the port the Xavante server
> is running on.

your analysis sounds right; i'm trying to remember why i had to specifically
put a default port there.  i think it's from the pre-copas days.

i'll test it without any default, and if it really belongs there, i'll
consider using 80.  after all, if there's no port, an 'http://' URL defaults
to 80

........ some time passes ..........

ok, i found it.  the only use is to set the CGILua 'SERVER_PORT' variable.
According to the standard CGI protocol: "The port number to which the request
was sent." seems to agree with you.

but now i think Xavante shouldn't set any default, that should be done in the
the GCILuaHandler set.api() function

any comments?

--
Javier