On 9/8/05, Mike Pall <mikelu-0509@mike.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is the initial public release of LuaJIT,
> a Just-In-Time (JIT) Compiler for Lua 5.1.
>
> The first releases of LuaJIT targets x86 (i386+) CPUs only.
> LuaJIT has been tested on Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD
> and Windows.

Great work, Mike!  Do you have any plans for other targets? Are you
open to suggestions? Can we take a poll?  I vote for embedded targets,
specifically Mipsel linux-based devices.

On another note, you've worked a lot with Lua 5.1 which is now heading
towards release.  How comfortable do you feel commiting production
code to 5.1 at this point?  Just curious for an expert opinion.

Thanks,
Bill