[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Simple Lua for scripts
- From: Rici Lake <lua@...>
- Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:13:16 -0500
On 22-Aug-05, at 7:03 PM, Alain wrote:
What I really wanted is this: a much simpler scripting language than
LUA, but I want LUA to execute it. Building a language is too
complicated and LUA does it well. But Lua is too complex to leave in
the hands of normal users, this is why: they will write things that
don't work, then they will call ME to fix it.
Honestly, I think your best approach here is:
1) Trust your users. That may be hard, but it's worth it in the long
2) Admit to them when you don't understand what they're doing. Work
through it with them, and you will both learn to program better.
Lua is actually a very simple language for beginning programmers.
Possibly, it is more difficult for people who already have a fixed idea
of how languages work.