On 22-Aug-05, at 7:03 PM, Alain wrote:

What I really wanted is this: a much simpler scripting language than LUA, but I want LUA to execute it. Building a language is too complicated and LUA does it well. But Lua is too complex to leave in the hands of normal users, this is why: they will write things that don't work, then they will call ME to fix it.

Honestly, I think your best approach here is:

1) Trust your users. That may be hard, but it's worth it in the long run.

2) Admit to them when you don't understand what they're doing. Work through it with them, and you will both learn to program better.

Lua is actually a very simple language for beginning programmers. Possibly, it is more difficult for people who already have a fixed idea of how languages work.