On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 01:09 -0300, Alex Sandro Queiroz e Silva wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> Rob Kendrick wrote:
>
> >The GPL, however, removes your freedom of choice.  You can't choose.
> >

>      Nonsense. You can choose not to use it. If it wasn't for the FSF a
> lot of free software we see today wouldn't have been written. So they
> make free software that everybody can use but ask the people to share,
> to give back, and the whining starts as if they took code that was in
> the public domain and stole it.

So, you're saying the only freedom the GPL provides and protects is your
freedom not to use software licenced under it?

Frankly, I prefer licences that give me freedom to use software as I see
fit.  But I think that was already obvious.

And as Ben said, there's no way of knowing if more free software would
have been written if it wasn't for the FSF - that's just a random
comment.

--
Rob Kendrick, Pepperfish Ltd.         +44 (0)845 226 4146  www.pepperfish.net
PGP signed or encrypted mail welcome                         Key ID: 3651D17A