On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 11:00:52AM +0100, Gerhard Sittig wrote:
> My question is now: can I use a BSD style license for the Dazuko
> language binding after grasping concepts from a Lua lib?  I guess I
> can, since your license is quite open and friendly.  But I better ask
> to be sure.

Lua itself is under the MIT license, which is the same type of license
as BSD licenses: a permissive "do what you want, keep my name, don't sue
me if it breaks".

FWIW, I'd recommend the MIT license (used by Lua, among many other
things) over the BSD license.  To use the BSD licenes, you end up
needing to make slight grammatical changes to fix "the regents"
in a few places (the warranty disclaimer)--most people really don't
want to be editing the grammar of a license--and the third clause is
pointless.  The MIT license can be used pretty much verbatim, just
plugging your name in the copyright statement.  Both licenses are
widely used and understood, and both are GPL-compatible.

--
Glenn Maynard