lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br wrote:
>> It took 10 minutes with the current folder layout because everything
>> was nicely separated into logical chunks (the src/*, src/lib/*, etc).
>> Especially nice considering I'd never even looked at lua before,
>> never mind knowing what the files are all there for.  Had it all
>> been merged into one folder, I would have had to hunt through the
>> makefile to figure out which bit corresponds to which bit.  That's
>> pretty tedious (and time consuming ;)...
>
> Would adding something like this to the Makefile help?
>
>  % make prj
>  *** core library -- liblua.a
>  lapi.c lcode.c ldebug.c ldo.c ldump.c lfunc.c lgc.c llex.c lmem.c
>  lobject.c lopcodes.c lparser.c lstate.c lstring.c ltable.c ltm.c
>  lundump.c  lvm.c lzio.c *** standard library -- liblualib.a
>  lauxlib.c lbaselib.c ldblib.c liolib.c lmathlib.c loslib.c ltablib.c
>  lstrlib.c loadlib.c linit.c *** Lua interpreter -- lua lua.c
>  liblua.a liblualib.a *** Lua compiler -- luac
>  luac.c print.c lauxlib.c liblua.a
>
> The code used in the Makefile is attached.
> --lhf
>
> prj:
> 	@echo '*** core library -- $(CORE_T)'
> 	@echo $(CORE_O) | sed 's/\.o/.c/g' | fmt
> 	@echo '*** standard library -- $(LIB_T)'
> 	@echo $(LIB_O) | sed 's/\.o/.c/g' | fmt
> 	@echo '*** Lua interpreter -- $(LUA_T)'
> 	@echo $(LUA_O) $(CORE_T) $(LIB_T) | sed 's/\.o/.c/g' | fmt
> 	@echo '*** Lua compiler -- $(LUAC_T)'
> 	@echo $(LUAC_O) $(CORE_T) | sed 's/\.o/.c/g' | fmt

I don't have anything against the new distribution layout, but I have to
say that sed and fmt don't exist under Windows which I think is the main
point why you're adding the prj target above. Of course they do exist
under Cygwin, but then there would be no need to such a target as
building Lua under it is as simple as under *nix.

Andre de Leiradella