Hi,

>   * Using the exe of luacom, I can't use /Register argument to start the
> server (as the demo readme suggest to do). I have looked at source of
> luacom exe and I see that arguments processing is changed: all arguments
> are treat as lua file. So it complains that it doesn't find /Register
> file...

The exe included with LuaCOM doesn't have the command-line
functionality of lua.exe. You should use lua.exe to register the com
server.

>   * So, I decided to use luacom as a library on another lua exe. I
> downloaded several of them (Lua5.0.2-Win32.zip, LuaBinaries-5.0.3.zip,
> luacheia5-win32-5.0.1a5.exe and luacom-1.3b2-iup-bin.tgz) but none of
> them contains lua-5.0.dll nor lualib-5.0.dll needed by luacom (see
> luacom doc section 2.1). In effect, lua complains about it when I type
> require("luacom"). I naively copy Lua.dll and LuaLib.dll (from
> LuaBinaries-5.0.3.zip) to match these names but now lua complains about
> a missing "lua_dofile"... Then I thought I must have missed something
> important about installation or configuration.

The lualib.dll in LuaBinaries-5.0.3.zip is missing the auxiliary
functions (lauxlib). I put a new link in
http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaBinaries that has full Lua binaries. The
link points to http://www.lua.inf.puc-rio.br/lua-5.0.2-bin.zip

> Can anyone help me on this?
>
> In particulary, for those who use luacom, which lua binary package do
> you use (i.e. the one that contains lua-5.0.dll)?

lua-5.0.dll is really any dll that has all of Lua's base API.
lualib-5.0.dll is any dll that has the library and auxiliary API's.
Feel free to contact me in private mail if you have further issues
with LuaCOM. I am its maintainer.

--
Fabio Mascarenhas