On Feb 17, 2005, at 13:52, Mike Pall wrote:

Hi,

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Thanks! We'll have to study this closely and so we'll probably not be
able to include this already in 5.1; it'll have to wait till 5.2.

It's all there: demand, discussion, docs, patches.
Waiting for 5.2 means waiting another 1-2 years. Sad.

Judging from the questions I received by private mail, the patch
has sparked considerable interest from network developers and game
developers. I realize that some of you are bound by NDAs, but everyone
who wants/needs this patch, please write to the list _now_.

The patch is good work (from what I have read here, I haven't used it and haven't examined it).

But expecting the Lua team to effectively take on the job of supporting your patch right away is, frankly, ludicrous.

Several large changes to Lua began as projects by other people and were eventually taken on by the Lua team. And it seems likely that this change will too. All in good time. I appreciate the pace at which the Lua team work.

Meanwhile I'm sure you'll be happy to help anyone that wants a version of Lua with the coroutine improvements.

David Jones