>> [macros]
>> As for "the whole thing": Dylan shows quite well that it can be done
>> even for an algol-like syntax. I would not want to even come close to
>> that kind of complexity for lua, though.

s> Contrarily, generalising Lua to allow such stuff should
s> probably *simplify* the core, for example as above.

yep, that's probably right. But, talk about changing the core... I
suspect that would make for a rather large change, in the ballpark of
the new garbage collector for 5.1. Nonetheless, I'd like that.

Gunnar