> StackList = List:clone(Stack) -- Magic beans!

I really like this approach. Most classes will vanish because their only reason to exist is to implement such things.

I code in Object Pascal (Delphi/FPC) and one thing that annoys me is that OP is not strong nor weakly typed: it is fanatically typed (a terrorist, perhaps?).

> I think hiding attributes might not be the better approach

Sometime ago I read a message in this list saying:
    "If you don't want to do something, just don't."

Once again, KISS -- the acronym, not the rock band -- is everything :)

--rb