I did, but since my praise :) for SubEthaEdit hardly makes non-OS X users very happy (don't want to spoil your life more than it is already.. ;P) I did that by a personal email.

SEE http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/customize.html for instructions on customizing the syntax highlight, or .. ask me.

On Linux, I use Bluefish (http://www.google.com :) which being a 'web editor' is highly usable for program code, as well.

-ak
Feeling nasty today, I guess.