On Jan 27, 2005, at 04:05, André de Leiradella wrote:

I love Lua, I want to continue using Lua, but the only reason I'm discussing OOP in Lua is the lack of an alternative.

I think this was mentioned several times already, but sometime repetition is good...

Have you looked at Io?

"Io is small prototype-based programming language. The ideas in Io are mostly inspired by Smalltalk (all values are objects), Self, NewtonScript and Act1 (prototype-based differential inheritance, actors and futures for concurrency), LISP (code is a runtime inspectable/modifiable tree) and Lua (small, embeddable)."

http://www.iolanguage.com/About/

Cheers

--
PA