I love Lua, I want to continue using Lua, but the only reason I'm discussing OOP in Lua is the lack of an alternative.

I think this was mentioned several times already, but sometime repetition is good...

Have you looked at Io?

Io is a very interesting language, but it is, at this point, militantly gcc+bash+a-whole-bunch-of-UNIXisms-dependent. If you're working in a UNIX-like environment, it's simple enough to port (although BSD users keep getting the shaft on occasion). If you're not working in a UNIX-like environment it is, in its current state, verging on the useless.

Me, I'll probably be using Io in many projects. In about two years' time. In its current state it has very little use to me (although a lot of appeal).