[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Non conflicting upgrading
- From: Jacek Czerwinski <jcz-lua@...>
- Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:37:41 +0100
Let's imagine a piece of software (Lua 'class') implemented by
producer (mainly C), extended locally by customer in long time project.
At start, method 'social_number' is absent, few moths later customer add
data 'social_number', year later producer add such method and we have
I ha some ideas to resolve conflict:
1. Producer elements begining from Upper case letter, customer from lower case
2. from underscore, selected and reserved letter (like X). Form of
Hungarian notation ...
3 ... other ideas
Some other long targets: a) in watches, repositorium (etc) present in some
b) additional parser for checking rule