The answer is in lua.h which defines #define LUA_IDSIZE	60.
This the maximum string length of the display string.

A quick check of the code shows that ther is probably not any problems
in expanding this length and recompiling .

The function that does the work is in ldebug.c
void luaO_chunkid (char *out, const char *source, int bufflen)