On Tuesday 16 November 2004 13:47, Philippe Lhoste wrote:
[...]
> In the header of my message:
> So it should work in all good mail agents...

Off topic, I know, but provided your mailer fills out the Content-Type field
correctly, any character set will work (provided the recipient's MUA supports
it).

> Should this be missing, or should I have been using Windows ISO chars in
> the dreaded 128-159 range – like € or ‘cœur’… – it would have been more
> problematic...

Well, they work for me, because your mailer is marking the character set as
windows-1252.

These days, provided your mailer is following the rules, you basically don't
have to worry about this stuff.

--
+- David Given --McQ-+ "There is nothing in the world so dangerous ---
+- www.cowlark.com --+ of Birds_