On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 16:21 +0100, Daniel Silverstone wrote:

> Suffice it to say that as evil as the clutches of tl. are; Arch is a
> very good revision control system.

Although it gets the most important feature of any piece of software
completely, utterly and unforgivably wrong: The user interface.  (Well,
certainly tla does, I don't know if the interface itself is specified by
the general Archiness of things.)  It's inconsistent, ugly, long-winded,
unintuitive, and will wear out your hyphen key in a mater of minutes.

I'm sure it's a very competent version control system past that though.
I think the problem is that most people don't get that far.

What about Monotone?  I've not looked at it at all recently, but it used
Lua quite extensively if I recall, and has some of the distributed
features that seem fashionable these days.

R.  (Who's quite happy with Perforce and Subversion for now :-)
--
Rob Kendrick, Pepperfish Ltd.         +44 (0)845 226 4146  www.pepperfish.net
PGP signed or encrypted mail welcome                         Key ID: 3651D17A