Hi

The Kepler Project team joined with Diego Nehab and implemented the
guidelines exposed by Roberto Ierusalimschy in his message "package
proposal" (http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2004-09/msg00342.html) as a set
of files for Lua 5.0.

The resulting package is called Compat-5.1 and is available at
http://www.keplerproject.org/compat

Compat-5.1 is free software, using the same license as Lua.

We will be using this standard in all our libraries from now on and Diego
will also be using it on LuaSocket. We believe that using Compat-5.1 will
increase any package's  interoperability with other Lua packages (that also
uses Compat-5.1) and we invite everyone to consider using it on their
projects.

As always, feedback is more than welcome.

Thanks,

Andre Carregal
www.keplerproject.org