> Are Lua-only coroutines really required?  Small survey?
> - Who is using them at the moment?
> - Are the Lua-only couroutines good enough for you?
> - Would you switch to C-level coroutines if they were
>   available?

I am using them for testing; although they are not required, they make
testing a complex, asynchronous systems much easier.

My biggest complaint is that they do not work across pcall,
metamethod, and iterator boundaries; I have been bitten by all three.
There was a proposal a while back to make all Lua core functions
coroutine-safe; this would solve the problem in my case.