lua-users home
lua-l archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

I changed it already this morning :) - 141004 has been tested on WinXP (gcc + tools required), Linux, NetBSD, OS X.

All non-win32 systems are now treated alike, so it's basically Win32 or Posix. Both shall work.


14.10.2004 kello 19:23, Brian Wisti kirjoitti:

 Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. I have access to a shell
account on an OS X machine, so changing this is not a high priority for

Back to actually playing around with Lumikki :-)

Kind Regards,

Brian Wisti

--- Asko Kauppi <> wrote:

I've only been using the Makefile on OS X, sorry..

Will check this out; it would be 'pleasant' :) that the thing works
elsewhere, too..  Just a minute.

Thanks for bringing this up.

14.10.2004 kello 03:24, Brian Wisti kirjoitti:


I'm trying to get Lumikki working on my Redhat Linux machine.

Running 'make test', I get some strange results in the output.
-lua lumikki.luc test.lhtml >test.html

** Lumikki website generator (rel.20040909), Copyright (c) 2004,

diff test.ok test.html
WARNING: unknown system type 'Linux
make_real: *** [test] Error 1

It looks like Lumikki is including trailing newlines from
io.popen("uname"). Should there be a trimming/chomping command in
somewhere, before actually examining uname?

    str = string.gsub(str, "%s+$", "")

I'm the adventurous risk-taker, so I thought I'd try making the
and rerunning the test. No change. Okay, what if I rebuild
Maybe I didn't need to do this, but I tried to rebuild the
file, just to see what would happen. Remember, I'm the new guy, who
will have stupid questions and numerous bad ideas as he gets the
of this language.

What I got was a whole stream of error messages from cpp. I don't
understand any of these messages, so I'm just going to paste them
the message and hope that maybe Asko or somebody else can explain
what's going on. Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Brian Wisti

bash-2.03$ make lumikki.luc
cpp -P -xassembler-with-cpp parts/main.lua | luac -o lumikki.luc -
In file included from parts/main.lua:84:
parts/globals.lua:78: unterminated character constant
parts/main.lua:91: unterminated character constant
In file included from parts/main.lua:97:
parts/dirtools.lua:80: unterminated character constant
parts/dirtools.lua:264: unterminated character constant
In file included from parts/main.lua:108:
parts/filters.lua:105: unterminated character constant
parts/filters.lua:277: unterminated character constant
parts/main.lua:141: unterminated character constant
parts/main.lua:177: unterminated character constant
parts/main.lua:377: unterminated character constant
In file included from parts/main.lua:480:
parts/putz.lua:80: unterminated character constant
parts/putz.lua:101: unterminated character constant
parts/putz.lua:122: unterminated character constant
parts/putz.lua:153: unterminated character constant
parts/putz.lua:266: unterminated character constant
parts/putz.lua:310: unterminated character constant
parts/main.lua:539: unterminated character constant
luac: stdin:265: unexpected symbol near `#'
cpp0: output pipe has been closed
make_real: *** [lumikki.luc] Error 1