Ashwin Hirschi wrote:

Byte-compiled scripts may fare better, but as far as I understand, they
cannot be exchanged across different architectures (correct me if I am
wrong).

I thought the compiled scripts could be moved across platforms as long as the respective CPU's shared the same int size.

In my experience, this is sometimes untrue. For example, luac's output on x86 doesn't work with lua build for ARM, both using GCC. I am of course assuming that GCC for x86 uses a 32bit value for int, but I think it does. ARM I'm almost sure it does, and they're both little-endian.

I suppose at one point I should investigate further.

--
Rob Kendrick, Pepperfish Ltd.         +44 (0)845 226 4146  www.pepperfish.net
PGP signed or encrypted mail welcome                         Key ID: 3651D17A