Hi Daniel,

I really like the idea, but I've not been able to run the win32 binaries, it
shows a message box saying: "Setup image is corrupt".

It would be nice to separate the installation logic from the interface, so
that you could provide different implementations of the different page
dialogs using different backend, ie. text mode/fltk/gtk. But I agree that lua
and fltk make a good combination.

--
Ignacio Castaño
castanyo@yahoo.es

Daniel Quintela <danielq@advancedsl.com.ar> escribió:
> Hi:
>
> I was looking for a multiplatform installer for one of my projects, and
> I only found a few and very expensive.
>
> Then, I put some tools together and built a proof-of-concept of an
> installer.
>
> It is a bizarre son of: FLTK look, NSIS soul, and our dear Lua ( for
> scripting).
>
> After build it, I considered posting the idea to the list.
> Before opening a project at LuaForge, I want to know if it is useful for
> any other.
>
> I hope to get some feedback from you.
>
> You can download a test tgz from: http://www.soongsoft.com/sngstp.tgz
> (454Kb)
>
> Inside the tgz you can find:
> - README     : A very short explanation ( don't expect very much at this
> stage).
> - sngstp     : The linux executable.
> - sngstp.exe : The win32 executable.
> - zip.zip    : A sample distribution.