On 13-Aug-04, at 10:56 AM, Jamie Webb wrote:

Indeed, and I believe certain legal authorities (Eben Moglen perhaps?)
have even asserted that the declaration 'This code is hereby realeased
into the public domain' is still not sufficient to actually make it
legally public domain. You have to take 'legal steps'...

Are we certain that this is not simply a job-creation scheme for legal
authorities?

This snipe on the legal profession is hereby released into the public
domain. May it flourish.

Rici Lake.