On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 10:59, Jamie Webb wrote:
> So are Emacs lisp files application files or language libraries?

I'd say they are application files, because they are probably of no use
unless you are doing some lisp program specifically to be used with
emacs. I don't know lisp nor emacs, so I could be wrong.

>  too much ambiguity.

Agreed. But all the other languages place their stuff on /usr/lib. There
must be a reason for that, and it's not backwards compatibility. Lua
will be the only language to do it differently.

But anyway, everyone who spoke on this thread by now seems to agree with
$PREFIX/share, so I'm going to update the text soon. I'll send a message
to the list when the new version is ready.

Andre

--
shame on you for following my rules.