Alex Sandro Queiroz e Silva said:
>     In my Debian GNU/Linux machine, the Guile libraries live in
> /usr/share/guile/1.6, the Python-GTK+ binding in /usr/share/pygtk/2.0,
> some PERL libraries in /usr/share/perl5 and so on.

Well, on my Slackware machine I have a /usr/share/pygtk/2.0 directory, but
I also have /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pygtk.py, which AFAIK is what
is used when you require it from your python scripts.

What is weird for me in using /usr/share is that you mix application files
(for example, vim files, cups files, xmms files) with language libraries.

I completely fail to see why installing .lua files on /usr/lib/lua5 is
wrong just because they are platform-independent. And I'm not talking
about following any hierarchy standard (for that matter, BSD systems have
been using their hier(7) for years before the FHS was created), it's just
that the more I think about it, the more /usr/lib feels like the natural
place to store these files.

But it seems I'm the minority here :(

Andre