On Friday 26 December 2003 13:33, David Anderson wrote:
> It is neither one or the other. However, I find that each time I buy
> stuff from Amazon USA and get it shipped to france, I receive the
> package opened, with a small note inviting me to pay for additionnal
> import taxes and customs handling fees.

When this happens here in Italy, the package could also be held in a (randomly
chosen) custom house, waiting for an exchange of paperwork. It happened to me
once (it wasn't a package from Amazon).

Anyway, both amazon.fr and amazon.co.uk accept orders for the book, so I
compared the prices and ordered from amazon.fr. The confirmation message
said:
 Date de livraison estimee: 2 janv. 2004 - 6 janv. 2004
[i.e. estimated delivery time]

  Enrico