> Anyway, both amazon.fr and amazon.co.uk accept orders for the book, [...]

When was that? The whole discussion is around amazon.co.uk and amazon.fr
not accepting orders! I have just visited both sites and both say
"Actuellement indisponible" (currently not available). But both sites
have a sales rank for the book, meaning that they have sold some
titles. (And amazon.fr explicitly asks the user to return later to check
whether the book is available again...)

> in light of all the comments on the difficulties to get the book in
> the UK/EU for a price that does not include handling fees, inport
> taxes etc, would it be an idea to re-publish it here?

This is an option, but I still think those difficulties may be due
to Christmas season, so I should wait until mid-january to make
a decision.

-- Roberto