Dylan Cuthbert wrote:
> In the newsgroup archives I found mention of LuaPlus
> (http://wwhiz.com/LuaPlus), an extension to Lua for C++ with addin support
> for Visual Studio's debugger and a whole lot more.
>
> Anyone else using this?  it looked rather good, especially the Lua core
> enhancements: integral support for wide strings and metatables for integral
> types too.  A lot of the C++ wrappers made sense too.
>
> I didn't see mention of it on lua-users.org, or maybe it was in too obscure
> a place to find.

Hi Dylan,

As far as C++ wrappers, I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but have you looked
at luabind (http://luabind.sourceforge.net/)?

I think it's unfortunate that the various extentions out there these days (like extended
metatables) aren't maintained as stand-alone patches to the official distribution.  Such
patches were popular in the Lua 4 days (see http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaPowerPatches),
but the art of careful mix-and-match friendly patching seems to have been lost somewhere.

I added a LuaPlus link to http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaAddons.

-John

--
http:// if   l .o  /