Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Either open the file in binary mode regardless of whether it is pre-compiled
or not (does that produce any significant difference?) or reopen the file
and skip until the first <newline> (which is only a few characters).

If we always open the file in binary mode then we'll have to struggle with
end-of-line terminators, which stdio does for us. This is important for error
messages.

I recently noticed that Lua was working quite well when I ran my
UNIX line terminated scripts on MS-Windows application.
(All the error reporting information was ok too)

As I was using XEmacs for editing, which also hid the file ending stuff,
I only noticed the problem when I tried to edit a file at "customer location"
using windows notepad, which showed my scripts as one-liners, blaah.

Not that this is really relevant here... just wanted to say that Lua is actually
quite tolerant on these.

		Eero