I have read the comments made about bloat when using wxWindows and I
wanted to put the other side of the story.

wxWindows has what I understand to be a native X11 version as well.
See http://www.wxwindows.org/fosdem2003/html/talk/img14.html

wxWindows can compile to something much smaller by turning off the
options in the configuration file. (You can then remove the
equivalent bindings in the wxLua interface).

The 2MB Windows wxLua executable contains most the wxWindows UI
bindings this includes all the 'modern' UI devices such as docking
windows, toolbars, status bars and a colour syntax highlighting
editor. This means that in the 2MB executable there is everything
required not only to run wxLua programs but you can edit and debug
them as well. The IDE is written in Lua code, compiled with luac and
then compiled into the executable.

wxWindows runs on the MAC as well: both old and few flavours. The
only reason why I have not released a version of wxLua for the
MAC is simple: I don't own a MAC and so far no-one has offered to
port it. It should not be too complex a job.