Björn De Meyer:
> Yes, Modularity is also important, I forgot to think about
> that that. Just as you have io, os, table, etc modules in Lua 5,
> you'd have fltk, wxwin, sqlite, thread, socket, sql, etc.

With Lua you often seem to have to choose between libraries being (a)
compiled into Lua, (b) a separate object file that is linked along with Lua
into the target program or (c) a dynamic library loaded with Loadlib etc.

These are all valid approaches and it thus seems a worthy goal to make the
source for each library such that, with a compiler option, the same source
can be compiled into each of these varieties.

*cheers*
Peter Hill.