Szabolcs Szasz wrote:

> ;) Well, rephrasing the question then a bit...:
>
> Is the natural pair of getenv(), by whatever name,
> available in LUA? I could not find it.
>
> If it really is missing, is there any _good_ reason
> for not adding it (again, by whatever name)?

Well, setenv() or putenv() are not directly available, but,
you can dd the yourself. The good reason for not including them
is that core of Lua has alway been written in (a subset of)
pure ANSI 89 C, without allowing any non-ANSI extensions in
the core. If we want non-ansi extensions, we add them ourselves.

Daniel Remar.
Björn De Meyer
bjorn.demeyer@pandora.be