Martin Spernau wrote:

> Well, for Lua4 something similar almost exists.
> Using the BinaryModuleLoding supplied by the loadmodule.c patch, I have a
> Lua4 that has
> * SQLite (embeded SQL engine, no dependecies on external DBs)
> * Sockets
> * XML handling
> * zlib
> * PCRE regex (not real good binding yet, in dev)
> and I experimentally combinded this extended Lua with wxLua, which seems to
> work, but I haven't tested that really well
>
> All this should compile on all mentined plattforms (I only use Windows
> myself)
>
> The thing is, I'm waiting for the various module authors to bring out Lua5
> versions, so my own efforts are a little halted for now.
>
> Point being, YES I'd be interested in such a thing, esp. if it can be keept
> cross-platform and modular.
> Modularity is a important point to me, as I'd very much like to share code
> between different 'stages' of applications. A GUI app should be able to use
> the same script modules as a 'faceless' console/server app etc.

That is versy interesting. Yes, I am waiting for the release of
Lua 5 and tolua 5 as well.I think this LUAMAX should be based
on the most recent official Lua version available.

Yes, Modularity is also important, I forgot to think about
that that. Just as you have io, os, table, etc modules in Lua 5,
you'd have fltk, wxwin, sqlite, thread, socket, sql, etc.
I'm mostly a Linux programmer, so we have already 2 platforms
"covered" if we work together.

Daniel Remar.
Björn De Meyer
bjorn.demeyer@pandora.be