Toyotomi wrote:

> I thought you were talking about compiled libraries, so & dll, etc. I often
> think people are talking about the C side instead of the Lua side.
>
> This sounds like a job for "require", & library is a bad term to use here.
> If not "require", then I'm sure I saw this sort of thing somewhere...

Ah yes. That we certainly do need. A standardized require("foo.lua");
function. Ideally it should look for foo.lua in certain predefined
and hard-coded places, in the pathlist in a LUA_INCLUDE environment
settings, and in the current directory. If it can find foo.lua
anywhere on that path, then it is executed. Of course, there should
also be some way to limit the places where require() looks, for security
reasons. Is there such a thing in the works for Lua 5?

Daniel Remar.
Björn De Meyer
bjorn.demeyer@pandora.be