jim@mathies.com wrote:
Lua should remain a versatile embedded language / vm and not be converted into a bloated "we decide how you do everything" scripting environment. Loadlib, the aux libs, iolib, 3rd party libraries in general.. all of these should be placed outside the standard Lua distribution and supplied as separate downloads.

I sort of agree with what you're saying, sort of. The standard libraries you refer to are placed in a separate directory and can be removed from lua.c easily enough. Should lua.c be removed from the "standard" distro as well?

You can make a case either way. I think it's awfully easy to remove the stuff you don't want, though non-ANSI C stuff like the loadlib extension should probably be kept separate.

Jason