I wrote this last week:

 We have this problem: we *feel* that Lua is being used in many places
 but we don't *know* any other than the 50 or so listed in our site.

 Is it just a feeling or what? How widely would you say that Lua is used?

This appeared yesterday in comp.games.development:

 Of course, the most popular extension languages (Lua, Python, Tcl)
 are licensed without such strings attached.

So, at least to this person, Lua rates among the "most popular" languages!
(With Lua listed first, but he may have sorted the names...)

This kind of statement is not infrequent in usenet messages that mention Lua
(see "Lua usenet citations" in http://www.lua.org/links.html ); Lua is
mentioned as a language that people are (or should be) familiar with.
Despite this, we still only know those 50 or so uses listed in our site.

What is your experience? Do people around you know Lua? How did they know about
it? Did you tell them yourself or was it the other way around? Do you know
other people that are using Lua but who are not in lua-l? Would you rate Lua
as a "popular" language? Do you see its popularity increasing?

We'd really like to know a realistic estimate of the impact of Lua.

Thanks for any info.
--lhf