Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

>I wrote this last week:
>
> We have this problem: we *feel* that Lua is being used in many places
> but we don't *know* any other than the 50 or so listed in our site.
>
> Is it just a feeling or what? How widely would you say that Lua is used?

You could:
 - track the download numbers
 - track the volume of messages on this list
 - count the number of "Lua + scripting" hits in a search engine
 - count the number of "Lua rules" hits in a search engine
 - offer some formal support and count how many people contact you

But... does it matter?  Or to put it differently: once you find out, what
would you do with that knowledge?

-jcw